Mary Parks | Joplin MO
Mary’s art journey began approximately 7 years ago when she took her first art class in acrylic paints from Pam Leisenring at Hobby Lobby. She hasn’t looked back. After being introduced to her first abstract design workshop with a mentor, Dallas artist Jane E. Jones, she found a freedom she had not experienced before in her art.
Using different techniques and mediums to create harmony on canvas or paper, is Mary’s passion. She works with acrylics, watercolors, and mixed media, experimenting with color, design, and interesting textures.
The new craze of acrylic paint pouring piqued Mary’s interest and she now shows others, through her FUNdamentals of Paint Pouring workshops, how to have fun and be creative.
- Second Place, Emerging Artist, Thomas Hart Benton Show, 2014
- Excellence in Mixed Media, Thomas Hart Benton Show, 2015
- Honorable Mention, JRAC Spectrum Show, Buttonwood Art Space, Kansas City, MO 2015
- Honorable Mention, Ozark Public Television Regional Art Show, 2016
- Honorable Mention, artCentral Membership Show, 2017
- Best Still Life or Floral, Small Works Auction, Spiva Center for the Arts, 2018
Mary is a member of Joplin Regional Arts Coalition, Spiva Center for the Arts, and ArtCentral.